Fayoum oasis 2days overnight camp
This night trip to Fayoum Oasis is an adventure not to be missed. Just an hour from Cairo, the oasis of Fayoum has something for everyone. From sand boarding and desert camping to enjoying the views of pristine lakes, you’ll be glad you picked a trip few get to experience.
Day 1: Fayoum Desert Experience
Day 1: Fayum Desert Experience
- Pick up from your hotel
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo in an air-conditioned private vehicle. Then drive about 1.5 hours to Fayoum Oasis.|
- Explore Fayoum Oasis
Fayoum Oasis was once known as the center of worship of the god Sobek in ancient Egypt. of the most famous monuments of Fayum.
- Visit the oldest natural lake in the world.
Then visit the largest saltwater lake in Egypt, Lake Qaron. While out on the lake you will have the opportunity to take in the stunning scenery and spot wildlife and birds.
- Picnic Lunch IncludedWhatbetter way to taste authentic Egyptian food than in one of Egypt’s most beautiful natural habitats. A delicious picnic lunch is included on this tour.
- Enjoy the nature reserve and waterfalls of Wadi Al-Rayan
Wadi al-Rayan has been a designated protected area for several decades. While you are here you have time to swim in the lakes, jump into the waterfalls or just relax and enjoy nature.
- Sunset BBQ Dinner & Desert BonfireAfterwards, you willarrive at your camp in the desert and enjoy an unforgettable sunset BBQ dinner. This is a night you will always remember.
Meals Included: Lunch, Dinner Day
2. Enjoy the sunrise and travel to Cairo
- After enjoying your night at the camp, you will have breakfast before heading out for the day’s activities.
- Explore the Valley of the Whales and see ancient fossils
Valley of the Whales, also known as Wadi Hitan. It has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for the discovery of hundreds of fossils, including the oldest forms of the whale. At this heritage site you can see fossils more than 200 million years old from when the desert was once covered by water.
- Visit Mount Mudawara and the Old Town of KaranisAtrip to Fayoum Oasis would be complete without a visit to Mount Mudawara. This rock formation is known for its beautiful layered appearance and impressive symmetry. Afterwards drive to Karanis and see the ruins of the old town from the Ptolemaic period.
- LunchOn the way back to Cairo you will have a lunch break for another delicious meal.
- Return to the hotel in Cairo
After visiting all of the day’s attractions, your driver will take you back to Cairo and drop you off at your hotel for onward travel to your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch